Archtop "Huettl" 1956-58
Built in Germany in the mid-late 1950s. It follows the style of German archtop guitars, with a 0 fret, pear wood fingerboard, maple neck, and maple and mahogany laminated body. They are guitars somewhat larger than usual, 42.5 cm at the hips.
It has a scale of 64.5 cm, and original bronze frets in their original condition, without wear.
The bridge is ebony with a bone saddle. It is strung with 0.10 steel strings.
The guitar is fitted with a "Kent Armstrong" pickup with alnico magnets with internal installation up to the female at the end of the body and which also serves to hook the strap.
It has been revised and adjusted, and it works very well with a height of 1.5 mm in the first string 12 fret, crystal clear and very open sound, comfortable to play and tuned well.
After World War II, many displaced instrument makers from Bohemia and Saxony settled in Bubenreuth, Germany, and it became a center of excellence for string instrument making. One of these manufacturers was Wolfgang Hüttl (1921-1995), who founded the Wolfgang Hüttl brand in 1946. Hüttl's wife was the daughter of the owner of the Klier company. The Hüttl company had its own factory with approximately 50 employees, some of whom were home-based workers. Hüttl produced mainly guitars and basses (and mostly acoustic models, but some electric ones).