Framus 5/60 "Missouri" 1959-60
All mahogany model without cutaway, built in the late 50s. Incorporates adjustable core.
The mast is very thin and comfortable, just adjusted.
It has a built-in "Ideal" pickup from the early 60s. The connection has been updated so that the cables go inside to the female jack incorporated in the pin, at the end of the body. It has a superficial scratch on the side that does not affect its operation at all.
It sounds very good, it is well octaved, and the electronics also work perfectly, without noise or hum. All pieces are original.
- natural finish
- laminated arched body, solid tops partly, rounded single-cutaway
- Spruce top, Mahogany bottom & sides
- mid 50s models with full Mahogany construction without cutaway
- single-ply binding
- Rosewood fingerboard with inlays
- tailpiece with "Missouri" engraving, mid 1950s without engraving
- builded since the mid 50's
- also available as "Missouri-Resonanz-Electric" (5 / 60-50)
- sales price (ca. 1958) 174, -DM
- sales price incl. mixer 0/50 (ca. 1958). 244, -DM
- sales price incl. mixer 0/52 (ca. 1958). 312, -DM
this particular instrument:
- fully Mahagony without cutaway
- dates mid1950s